The attention of the command has been drawn to the news making the rounds in some dailies and other social media platforms in which one Nkeiruka Cynthia Kamalu claimed that she was raped by one Hon. Uju Kingsley Chima and as such claimed she was unlawfully arrested, tortured and detained.
The command wish to state that on 6/5/2019, the command received a report of a case of Advance Fee Fraud, Conspiracy, Child Trafficking, Forgery and Threat to Life against one Nkeiru Cynthia Kamalu ‘f’ 40yrs of Plot 4, Ademola Close By Ire-Akari Estate, Ago, Lagos State.
The command arrested two suspects namely: – (i) Nkeiruka Cynthia Kamalu ‘f’’ and
(ii) Emeka Muoneka ‘m’.
Both of the suspects made confessional statements as to the offence committed. For the purpose of clarity, the said Nkeiruka Cynthia Kamalu ‘f’ called Hon. Kingsley Uju Chima claiming to be pregnant for him and as such blackmailed him into sending her various sums of money. She later claimed to have given birth to twins and one died of which she sent him picture of a baby boy.
However, in the course of the investigation, the following were discovered: –
– That she was never pregnant for Hon. Kingsley Uju Chima.
– That she was never in Canada as she claimed.
– That she forged Canadian visa which she snapped and sent to Hon. Kingsley Uju Chima to trick him into sending money.
– That Emeka Muoneka ‘m’ took her to Nnewi in Anambra State where she bought a three day old baby boy at the sum of N1,800,000.00.
– That she installed a software in her phone in which she used to call Hon. Kingsley Uju Chima, to ensure that a foreign number appears whenever she calls.
– That both Nkeiruka Cynthia Kamalu and Emeka Muoneka led operatives to Nnewi, Anambra State, where they bought a three-day old baby, for the purpose of deceiving Hon. Kingsley Uju Chima and blackmail him into sending money to her.
– That she threatened Hon. Kingsley Uju Chima through phone calls, whatsapp messages etc, using her phone and that of Emeka Muoneka.
In view of all the above findings, she was charged to court for the offence as enumerated above. There was no time she was victimized, tortured or detained unlawfully. The command therefore urges members of the public to discharge the allegations as they are false and baseless.
SP IKEOKWU GODSON ORLANDO
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE