How many times has Governor Ikpeazu defeated Alex Otti?
Apart from causing him to bolt away from the 2014 Abia State PDP Governorship primaries, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu has inflicted the following defeats on Alex Otti:
1. On April 11, 2015, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu (PDP) won the majority of votes cast in the Governorship election in which Otti also contested.
2. On April 25, 2015, Dr Ikpeazu defeated Otti in the Supplementary Governorship Election.
3. On the 3rd of November, 2015, Dr Ikpeazu defeated Otti at the Abia election petition tribunal sitting in Umuahia.
4. On the 25th of February, 2016, the Supreme Court of Nigeria declared Governor Ikpeazu winner and dismissed Otti’s petition.
5. On August 5, 2016, the Appeal Court dismissed Otti’s motion to join a matter involving Uche Ogah and Governor Okezie Ikpeazu.
6. On the 12th of May, 2017, the Supreme Court of Nigeria rendered Otti’s motion to be declared Governor of Abia State impotent, called Otti “a busy body and a meddlesome interloper” and affirmed Dr Okezie Ikpeazu as the Governor of Abia State.
7. On April 9, 2019, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu polled 261,127 votes to defeat Alex Otti, who polled 64,366 votes, to win re-election as Governor of Abia State.
8. On the 20th of September, 2019, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu defeated Alex Otti at the election petition tribunal sitting in Umuahia.
9. On Saturday, November 16, 2019, the Oweeri Division of the Appeal Court dismissed the petition of Alex Otti and declared Dr Okezie Ikpeazu validly elected Governor of Abia State at the 2019 election.
Will Otti suffer more defeats in the hands of Dr Ikpeazu?
The simple answer is YES.
Alex Otti is a desperate sore loser who will certainly approach the Supreme Court within 21 days to try his luck again. Unless he succeeds in getting the appointment he has been lobbying for in Abuja.
His determination to distract Governor Ikpeazu, disrupt governance in Abia State and punish the people for daring to reject him at the polls is legendary. He will also continue with his self appointed mission to de-market Abia State, stoke crises and lie to his dwindling handful of supporters that he won this and that but was rigged out.
What does the Bible say about Ikpeazu and Otti’s contests?
But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”